|Please pre-book a slot for your visit.
GroundBreakers 2024 Callout
The Artground aims to be a space where all artists, young and younger, can be curious about discovering different ways of artmaking, and create works that are delightful for their audiences. We believe that all children deserve aesthetic experiences that are thoughtfully designed and considered. The Artground will provide the space, literal and figurative, for artmakers to conceptualize, to devise, to test and to design these experiences in order to break new ground in the Arts for Young Audiences (A4YA) sector.
As part of the GroundBreakers programme, The Artground (TAG) invites artists to propose new ideas, targeted at children from birth to 9 years, to be incubated at our space. The focus of the creative development should be child-centric where the children (and their carers/parents where applicable) are co-creators in the process.
We are looking for artists who have not applied and/or been successful in the GroundBreakers programme. Experience in working with children is preferred but not essential.
Your application form will be accessed on the following
GroundBreaking (Pitch) Day:
From the application open call, shortlisted applicants will be invited for GroundBreaking Day, where artists are given 7 mins to pitch their ideas to a panel of children, with another 3 mins for Q&A. The children will deliberate and score the artists, facilitated by the TAG Team. Top scorers are then selected to be GroundBreakers artists for a year.
Tip from TAG team: From past years' experience, we observed that short skits and/or audience interaction (as opposed to powerpoint presentations) to articulate your proposals are more engaging to the children's panel and tend to score higher on the scoreboard.
- All applications must be completed on this Google Form by 29 January 2024, Mon 2359hrs.
- All shortlisted applicants will be notified by 6 Feb 2024, Tues and are required to attend the GroundBreaking Day with a children's panel on 13 March 2024, Wed between 12.15pm - 4.15pm. Attendance for the GroundBreaking Day is compulsory to be considered for the GroundBreakers programme.
- Each individual Pitch session will be 7 min plus 3 min Q&A from the TAG Children Panel
- Selected Applicants will be notified by 22 March 2024, Fri and GroundBreakers 2024 will start in April 2024 - March 2025.
- Artists have to be based locally.
For more information, please email email@example.com